Killeen Auto Injury Treatment
Over the years, we've treated many patients with auto injury pain in our Killeen, TX office. Chiropractic care is the perfect approach to these kinds of problems, and some research shows that approximately 90% of patients show improvement after a car accident when getting chiropractic care.
A collision subjects your body to rapid, violent movement that it wasn't designed to deal with. As a result of the severe stresses you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscle tissue of your body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can trigger chronic pain and impairment if not treated promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating these types of cases, we've seen these common symptoms in our patients:
- Headaches - Nearly every auto injury patient in our office reports headache pain, and this can have a wide array of origins, based upon on the type of injury you received.
- Back ache - Yet another prevalent problem in adults and especially after a vehicle accident is back pain.
- Neck pain - Your cervical spine is one of the most vulnerable areas of your body during a car crash, and it can easily be damaged. In point of fact, most symptoms that develop after a crash can be specifically linked to injury of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be damaged by the seatbelt, the forces on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom caused by neck injury.
- Jaw pain - Jaw problems (or TMJ dysfunction) are still another common complication we see in our Killeen, TX clinic, and can be difficult to diagnose. In some cases TMJ problems doesn't manifest for many weeks or months after your injury.
- Radiating pain - Radiating pain can be identified by numbness or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto accident patients report this problem.
- Vertigo/Dizziness - Vertigo is a challenging symptom that can also have a wide array of causes. In most cases, we find that neck injury is the primary cause of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - Another problem caused by damage to your neck during a crash is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
If you're suffering with any of these problems after an accident, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, successful, and non-invasive method that really works for these types of accidents.
If you've been injured just a short time ago, it's important that you seek treatment quickly. Untreated injuries can contribute to decreased range of motion and the development of scar tissue, and that can lead to persistent pain and impairment. Research studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the damaged tissues can speed recovery and prevent chronic problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Killeen, TX, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give our office a call today at (254) 690-7090 for an appointment.